Updated: May 18
ENGLISH FOR YOUR WHOLENESS
1. The Theme of the Day
Don’t fight, just allow, and you’ll solve the most difficult equations in your life.
2. The Prayer of the Day
Always make me aware of your guidance. Thank you.
3. The Mantra of the Day
I am always surrounded by beneficial energies.
4. Existential Q&A
a. The Question of the Day
Why can’t I feel sincere gratitude for just being alive?
b. Open Yourself Up to the Answer of the Universe and Write It Down
5. The Proverb of the Day
Never too old to learn.
6. The Joke of the Day
Little Grathen: “Dad, you’ve promised me your smartphone if I get good marks.”
Dad: “Yes, Son, and I intend to keep my promise.”
Little Grathen: “Well, you’re lucky …”
Dad: “What do you mean?”
Little Grathen: “You can keep your phone.”
GRAMMATIZE YOUR LIFE WITH WITTY ENGLISH Reflect on These Crumbles for Thought
Pure love doesn’t hurt. Your heart isn’t supposed to bleed when you are truly in love.
Don’t live your present with your thoughts anchored in the past or future. Always cherish the moment. All that matters is that you are alive right now.
Are you a backer or a fronter? Which direction is your mind pointing to right now? Look within! If you are neither, then you’ve finally learned to be in the here and now.
MORE ENGLISH FOR YOUR WHOLENESS
1. The Tip of the Day
Pumpkins and squashes can become regular dishes. You can bake them in the oven until their orange core becomes soft. Then, you can season them with cinnamon or clove, and they are ready to serve. You can also add them to your woks, together with diced quinces or pineapples, to make a sweet-and-sour side dish for steak or grilled chicken breasts.
1. The Physical Workout of the Day
Flex and Stretch for Your Health
1. Sit cross-legged, wrists on your knees, tips of your index finger and thumb touching.
2. Relax for a moment.
3. Breathe normally but consciously.
4. Bring your mind back every time it wanders around.
5. Inhale deeply through the nose.
6. Hold your breath.
7. Say mentally the mantra of the day: I am always surrounded by beneficial energies.
8. Exhale powerfully through your mouth.
9. Let go of all the tension inside.
10. Hold your breath for a count of 5.
11. Inhale long through the nose once more.
12. Hold your breath.
13. Say the mantra of the day again: I am always surrounded by beneficial energies.
14. Release your good energy into the Universe.
15. Exhale deeply through the mouth.
16. Hold your breath while counting to 5 again.
17. Inhale long through the nose once more.
18. Hold your breath.
19. Repeat the powerful affirmation of the day one more time: I am always surrounded by beneficial energies.
20. Exhale powerfully through your mouth once again.
21. Hold your breath for a count of 5 one last time.
22. Come back to normal breathing.
23. Breathe in and out calmly.
24. Relax your mind.
1. Come on your hands and knees.
2. Form a coffee table with your body.
3. On the inhale, raise your head up while the stomach is down and your toes are curled under.
4. On the exhale, your head is down, your spine is curved, and the soles of your feet face up.
5. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
6. One time equals one breathing cycle: inhale – exhale = 1 breathing cycle
7. Pick up some speed of your own for a second set of 10 repetitions.
8. Relax your breath.
1. Return to a cross-legged position, palms in prayer pose.
2. Inhale deeply through the nose.
3. Hold your breath.
4. Set any intention you want (your personal mantra).
5. Seal it mentally while holding your breath.
6. Exhale powerfully through the mouth.
7. Hold your breath.
8. Inhale long through the nose once more.
9. Hold your breath.
10. Repeat your personal mantra again.
11. Release your good energy into the Universe.
12. Exhale deeply through the mouth.
13. Hold your breath.
14. Do this intention-setting exercise once more.
15. Come back to normal breathing, wrists on your knees, index finger and thumb tips touching.
16. Your glandular system will get more balanced.
17. Your spine will get more flexible.
18. You will get nerves of steel and emotional stability.
19. Give thanks to the Universe for this exercise.
20. Relax your mind.
3. The Recipe of the Day
1 large carrot, cut into moderate chunks
1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced lengthwise,
then halved crosswise
4 handfuls fresh/frozen broccoli florets,
washed and halved
2 tablespoons fresh parsley,
including stems and roots, washed and chopped
2 medium onions moderately diced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
4 tablespoons rice oil
2 tablespoons rice flour
1 cup spring water
2 teaspoons mixed herbs of your choice
1. Pour rice oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add broccoli.
3. Stir for at least 1 minute.
4. Add sweet red pepper and carrot.
5. Stir for at least 30 seconds.
6. Add onion and garlic.
7. Stir gently for 30 seconds.
8. Mix rice flour with vegetables.
9. Stir gently for 30 seconds.
10. Add spring water.
11. Stir until creamy.
12. Add parsley.
13. Stir for at least 30 seconds.
14. Add seasonings and salt.
15. Stir for 30 seconds.
16. Remove skillet from heat.
17. Let it cool for 1 minute.
18. Serve it hot or warm.
1. The Mental Workout of the Day
Identify yourself with anything you like
1. Look for one single thing that your mind finds beautiful with great ease.
2. Do this exercise every day as if you were playing a game.
3. Ease your mind while observing people, situations, or places in order to find one single object of appreciation.
4. Don’t force yourself into this mental combo.
5. Let appreciation come naturally to you.
6. Let your cognitive and emotional levels tune to each other at their own pace.
7. After you have observed a particular trait or quality in someone or something, imagine yourself wearing it, experiencing it, living it, or owning it.
8. Relax completely while trying to ignore any interfering thoughts, inner talks, or personal opinions that may pop into your head.
9. Use only mental pictures.
10. Every day, you will be able to perfect this technique, tapping into the pleasant things surrounding you.
11. You will observe friendly realities outside yourself and will imagine them being yours for a moment or so.
12. The objects of your admiration will help you become more self-confident and less envious of others.
13. Embellish this visualization exercise with your own ideas and images.
14. Breathe deeply and let go of all stressful thoughts.